Have you heard of Pinterest's new secret boards?
Read this article for a quick explanation:
From Pinterest's perspective, I don't think this will last. The main objective is to pin things you enjoy, so that your followers will see it, and potentially pin it again. If the pins are being organized under a 'secret board', the string of people pinning the link is lost. This made me curious on how Pinterest generates revenues. Their website claims they rely solely on investors, as they are still trying to attract users without having annoying ads. I can see Pinterest in the future charging businesses to have an account. Another possibility, is having businesses pay per pin. The creation of 'secret boards' will cut the string of pins short, disadvantaging Pinterest business accounts if this model were adapted.
On the other hand, as an active Pinterest user, it's useful at times. Sometimes there's something I want to make as a present, but the recipient of the gift follows me on Pinterest. So, once and a while I make use of it. But, in hindsight I know there's always other ways to save these websites.
That's what I think. What do you think?! Comment below if you care!!
On the other hand, as an active Pinterest user, it's useful at times. Sometimes there's something I want to make as a present, but the recipient of the gift follows me on Pinterest. So, once and a while I make use of it. But, in hindsight I know there's always other ways to save these websites.
That's what I think. What do you think?! Comment below if you care!!
Note: Did anyone notice the first sentence of the article? "Want to hide an embarrassing number of cat photos or create a board just for holiday gift ideas on Pinterest?" Hey, I don't know why anyone would want to hide cat pictures. Don't be selfish now. Spread the love!
cat-bounce is by far and away the most disturbing website I have ever seen...
ReplyDeleteGreat article though :D
MAKE IT RAIN!!
Delete